The Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) has announced that the 4th annual SCAD AnimationFest will be a redesigned, virtual festival presented by SCADFILM that will open up access to a wider audience than ever before. The two-day event from September 25 to 26 offers innovative and insightful content every hour during the two-day event. The event is open to the general public, industry giants, fans, students, alumni, prospective students, parents and educators.
Industry creatives will get in direct contact with students, alumni, lecturers and fans of digital media art during screenings, presentations and panels and offer access to the creative minds behind animation, visual effects, movement media and game content in all genres and platforms.
Confirmed participants are:
- Studios: AMAZON, DreamWorks Animation.
- Features / Series: Undone (Amazon), How to train your kite for the 10th anniversary (DreamWorks).
- Guests: Everett Downing (storyboard artist, Hair Love); Raphael Bob-Waksberg and Kate Purdy (Creators, Undone); Jason Mayer (Head of FX, DreamWorks; M.F.A., Computer Art, 2004)
Announcement of further guests.
The SCAD leadership has researched and is working with leading technology platforms to provide all attendees with a multi-faceted and engaging virtual experience using a combination of Cinesend, Perigon and SquadUp. SCAD will live stream the entire festival and offer demonstrations
through data protection protected platforms.
- Cinesend: A cloud-based distribution and streaming platform with the necessary piracy controls and integration for all digital streaming content.
- Perigon: A virtual event platform that enables real-time content delivery with sophisticated functionality and execution.
- SquadUp: A platform for mobile ticketing, event management and audience loyalty that enables mobile registration and integration with other platforms and apps.
More information can be found at the event website.
Source: The Savannah College of Art and Design