Adobe has announced that the August Nvidia Studio driver, which is designed to support better and faster content creation, is now available for download. The new driver supports a number of app releases and updates for Adobe Premiere Rush, Premiere Pro, Blender, V-Ray 5 for Maya, Flicker Free and BorisFX Optics.
Adobe Premiere Rush and Premiere Pro
- Automatic updating is now available in Premiere Rush. Powered by Adobe Sensei AI. The time-saving feature automatically keeps the most important part of the shot in the picture when aspect ratios are reformatted for different social media.
- Also recently added was Scene Edit Detection in Premiere Pro's Public Beta, a new Sensei AI feature optimized by Nvidia GPUs that quickly detects and marks cuts in final video files.
"We're working closely with Nvidia to deliver GPU-enhanced features that help make Adobe applications more robust and performant," said Sue Skidmore, director of partner relations at Adobe Creative Cloud Video. "With the Nvidia coding acceleration in Adobe Premiere Pro, editors can export high-resolution videos up to 500% faster than on the CPU. And now, powerful new Adobe Sensei-enabled tools like Auto Reframe in Premiere Rush and Scene Edit Detection in Premiere Pro are using Nvidia GPUs to help developers create high quality content faster than ever. "
- Blender 2.90, which will be released on August 26th, will be available on all Nvidia GPUs, making it more accessible for 3D designers and artists. Artists with older GPUs and systems with a mix of RTX and non-RTX GPUs can now render scenes with OptiX. For non-RTX GPUs, rendering is performed on the CUDA cores. On RTX GPUs, the rendering of RT cores and tensor cores is significantly accelerated.
- The update also includes NVLink support, which allows multiple GPUs to be connected in a single system, which speeds up rendering in scenes larger than the storage capacity of a GPU.
V-Ray 5 GPU for Maya
- Chaos Group's V-Ray 5 release is now ready for Autodesk Maya users with support for out-of-core geometry for rendering with Nvidia CUDA. This improves performance on large scenes that do not fit in the GPU's memory. With the new GPU-accelerated lighting, materials and color management features like LightMix, users can experiment with lighting changes after rendering and layer compositing to optimize and finalize their images right in the V-Ray frame buffer. This eliminates the need for a separate post-processing app.
- Flicker Free is a plugin and an easy way to remove flicker from video material. It's popular with video editors who specialize in Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects. In short, it will offer vastly improved motion to detect and isolate independently moving objects even in the presence of camera movement and avoid flicker caused by out of sync cameras, time-lapse or slow motion video. The update adds CUDA support to Flicker Free and delivers results that are up to 8 times faster than with a standalone CPU.
Introduction to BorisFX Optics
- BorisFX Optics was developed for Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom power users and is a fast, easy-to-use plug-in for digital photography that can be used to simulate optical camera filters, special lenses, film materials and grains, lens effects, optical laboratory processes as well as color corrections, natural light and photographic Effects. These filters help photographers achieve the perfect look. They create breathtakingly beautiful and realistic lens effects, subtle soft lights, photo-realistic lightning effects, stylized looks and treatments and much more. Sapphire's superior image quality and on-screen controls are used by top artists for visual effects and offer time-saving creative options.
New studio laptops can be pre-ordered
- Z by HP's ZBook Studio and ZBook Create can be purchased online. ZBook Studio is a wafer-thin workstation designed specifically for the needs of most creative people, combining powerful Nvidia Quadro RTX GPUs and Intel Xeon processors. ZBook Create sets a new standard by combining Nvidia GeForce RTX graphics and full-spectrum color precision with HP's DreamColor technology. With a professional chassis made from sustainable materials and a screen-to-body ratio of 87%, these ZBooks offer developers the first DreamColor display and all-day battery life.
Most studio systems come with a 3-month Adobe Creative Cloud that provides artists who specialize in photography, graphic design, video editing, and 3D motion graphics with over 30 apps and tools needed to realize their creative visions.