The submission deadline for the SIGGRAPH Asia 2020 computer animation festival (SACAF 2020) is coming on August 15, 2020! Don't hesitate – submit your CG projects today!
The festival is looking for new, innovative animated content in a variety of categories. If your project used a computer for part of the production, SACAF 2020 would like to see it! Developers from all over the world are invited to submit their projects and to help showcase the best, most inspiring, most entertaining and most modern computer animation in the world.
There is no entry fee and you can enter as many projects as you like. Attend the celebrations and help the festival honor the best CG animations – submit your latest projects in one of the following categories:
- Computer animated short films: Contains character animations, storytelling, experimental works, opening sequences, feature films, selections and / or montages of animated television series in new media format.
- Animated feature films: Selection and / or assembly of computer animations that were created for animated feature films.
- Music videos: commissioned works and / or independent works that use any combination of computer animation, digital effects and live action to illustrate, improve and / or complement a musical creation.
- TV and web advertising: advertising that was created in whole or in part with computer animations and / or digital effects. This category also includes commercials, bumpers and graphics, as well as public announcements.
- Visualizations and simulations: computer animations to explain, analyze or visualize information for applications such as scientific research, architecture, engineering, system simulations, education and documentation projects.
- Visual effects for films and television programs: Selection and / or montage of visual effects that were created for live action films and / or television programs.
- Real-time animation: Game, web, and mobile animations that render in the same time it takes to play. Real-time technology demos are also welcome! Real-time technology demos should go to Real-Time Live!
- Other: computer animations that do not fit into any of the above categories.
Visit the SACAF 2020 website Additional information, including submission information, submission rules and requirements, and frequently asked questions.
Or you can submit your work directly by registering with SIGGRAPH Asia Submission System.
Please share the news with classmates, team members and colleagues – SACAF 2020 would also like to see their work!
Source: SIGGRAPH Asia 2020
Dan Sarto is the editor and editor-in-chief of Animation World Network.