The brand new app update for cameras + formats v4 offers a few more tools and calculators as well as an optimized user interface.
If you've never heard of the Camera + Formats app for iOS, you've missed it. We covered the previous version here. The latest update is available now and includes a complete overhaul of the user interface and some additional calculators, such as: B. the new transfer tool and improvements to other tools.
What are cameras + formats?
Cameras + Formats is a quick reference tool on your iPhone with which you can estimate all the important specifications and functions of almost all popular video cameras as well as the power requirements and the running time, the data rates for different codecs and formats as well as an estimate of the data transfer times as well.
Includes over 100 cameras from Arri, Canon, Red, Sony, Blackmagic, Panasonic and more. The app covers over 75 formats, including ProRes Raw and Blackmagic Raw.
Previously, you had to find your camera in two different menus. Once to view specifications and then again to look up the associated file sizes. In Cameras + Formats v4.0, you only need to find the camera once and the selected camera will remain active when you switch tools and view all the different information.
The transfer tool makes it easy to estimate the transfer times of files
The new transmission tool makes estimating transmission times child's play. It can be used to calculate likely transfer times to a hard drive or even online. You can save presets at any time for quick access.
In Cameras + Formats v4.0 you can calculate the power consumption of accessories for your camera.
The new power tool allows you to add accessories to your camera and view estimated power usage and battery timing. You can also calculate how many batteries you will need to run a given configuration for a given length of time.
- Dark mode (requires iOS 13)
- iCloud data synchronization for Favorites, Notes, Saved and Settings
- The comparison function works for all tools, not just specifications
- Camera and format lists are combined into a single menu
- The format tool shows the maximum available FPS for a given format
- Save all calculations and come back later by tapping the Save button
- When adding a favorite, set a “Favorite Tool” so you can jump straight to what you need
- Set a “minimum resolution” to optimize the camera menu by hiding older models
- Helpful tips throughout the app
- Manufacturer Support Phone Numbers for China
You can purchase version 4 of Cameras + Formats now from the App Store for $ 2.99 per month or one-time with an in-app purchase of $ 49.99 that includes all future updates. If you are already a Cameras + Formats user, you can upgrade to version 4 at no additional cost.
Do you already use cameras + formats? What do you think of the latest improvements? Let us know in the comments below.