BURBANK – Disney + comes to life at the Disney + Drive-In Festival at the Barker Hangar in Santa Monica, California. The Screening Series, October 5-12, brings guests together to enjoy the best of Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic al fresco in a safe and fun experience. The week kicks off with the world premiere of The Right Stuff before it's streamed on Disney + on Friday October 9th. After six nights of fan-preferred screenings open to the public, the series concludes with the premiere of the original Disney + film, "Clouds," which will be released on October 16.
The film nights of the festival celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Walt Disney Animation Studios' Tangled film. the 40th Anniversary of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back; and the 55th anniversary of the Rodgers & Hammerstein classic and the return of The Sound Of Music Sing-A-Long to LA. In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, the festival will show the Pixar Animation Studio film Coco on Wednesday October 7th, while Marvel Studios & # 39; Captain Marvel will feature on Sunday October 11th in celebration of International Girls' Day will be shown. On Friday, October 9th, guests can take part in a fun Halloween night with Hocus Pocus and other spooky surprises. Each night begins with a classic animated short, fan-favorite episode of The Simpsons or sneak peek trailers from Disney + Originals on the big screen.
Capacity is extremely limitedReservations are required to participate. Fans can register for free tickets Here. Registration with a maximum of four guests per vehicle is required for each vehicle.
Disney + Drive-In Festival 2020 Schedule:
Monday 5th October
- The right thing – world premiere screening (by invitation only)
Tuesday October 6th
- Confused screening for the 10th anniversary (open to the public. Registration from September 28th)
Wednesday October 7th
- Coco – Celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month (Open to the public. Registration from September 28th)
Thursday October 8th
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back the 40th Anniversary (open to the public. Registration from September 28th)
Friday October 9th
- Hocus Pocus Disney + Halloween Night (Open to the public. Registration from September 28th)
Saturday October 10th
- The Sound of Music Sing-A-Long Screening for the 55th anniversary (open to the public. Registration from September 28th)
Sunday October 11th
- Captain Marvel celebrates International Girls' Day (open to the public. Registration opens September 28th)
Monday October 12th
- Clouds – World Premiere Screening (by invitation only)
In accordance with state and regional requirements, the Disney + Drive-In Festival follows safety guidelines to protect all guests and employees:
- Guests must remain in their vehicles for the duration of the program.
- Sitting outside the vehicle is not permitted.
- Congregation of any kind is prohibited.
- A social distancing of at least 6 feet is enforced at all times.
- Face covers must be worn when interacting with companions and getting out of vehicles to visit the restrooms.
Source: Disney +