JANGAFX PRESENTS: BOMBARDMENT, AN EMBERGEN CHALLENGE.
It's starting day! The theme of our Embergen Challenge is: BOMBARDMENT!
Whether airplanes drop bombs, huge pieces of ice fall from the sky or a planet is bombarded with lasers, the topic "BOMBARDMENT" is open to a wide range of interpretations and we can't wait to see what you can expect!
For more information on how to get your free 2-month EmberGen license for the competition, see our first announcement thread.
- Create a new topic in the "Embergen Challenge" category with your name and "Embergen Challenge" in the title (as follows: Yoda Rimu: Embergen Challenge) and publish your updates on your topic during the competition.
- If necessary, request your free EmberGen license here.
- When you are finished with your entry and ready to send it, edit your first post so that it has the final effect in the form of a YouTube, Vimeo or GIF link.
- Finally, send your final video to JangaFX using this form (this part is coming soon!):
The challenge will run from July 31, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. ET to August 31, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. ET. All entries must be submitted by August 31, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. ET to participate in the Challenge.
- Must be at least 5 seconds long
- Must use Embergen as a central part of your production pipeline
- The last asset must be a recorded video from a game engine
- Your final submission video must be at least 1920 x 1080 and less than 100 MB in size.
- We can use most standard video formats, but .mp4 with H.264 encoding is our preference.
- WIP (Work-in-Progress) updates must be submitted throughout the creation process
- Your work is technically and artistically well executed
- They viewed WIP progress updates throughout the month
- Follow the challenge rules
- General badassery
- Always quote your sources! Is your work based on someone else's? Let us know! Always show your references.
- You can use any tool, system, or workflow that suits your needs, as long as you use Embergen and your end result is recorded by a game engine.
- You cannot use other simulation programs like Houdini, FumeFX, turbulenceFD etc. to create flipbooks.
- All entries must be made during the term specified below.
- It is recommended to use an environment / background for the presentation – also a simple one! However, keep in mind that a detailed environment should only serve to convey the story behind your visual effects. You are not judged by how good your environmental art is.
A first prize winner
- 1 NVIDIA RTX 2080 GPU sponsored by NVIDIA STUDIO
- 2-year subscription to the JangaFX Suite ($ 559.98)
A second award winner
- 1-year subscription to the JangaFX Suite ($ 279.99)
A third award winner
- 6-month subscription to Embergen ($ 149.94)
Two honorable mentions
REALTIME VFX OFFICIAL CHALLENGE RULES
(Sorry, this is a text wall …)
The closing date for entries is August 31, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
Announcement of the winners
The winners will be announced on September 7, 2020 by 12:00 p.m. ET and published on RealTimeVFX.com.
Artists participating in the JangaFX Embergen Challenge must be a member of RealTimeVFX.com (registration at RealTimeVFX.com is free). Participation is limited to individual artists, so team entries are not permitted.
The final work must be submitted as a video that is hosted on either YouTube or Vimeo, and in a topic on RealtimeVFX.com under the “Challenge II: Embergen Bombardment” category with your name and “Embergen Challenge” in the title (e.g. B. Yoda) can be shared Rimu: Embergen Challenge). You can use any 2D or 3D technique as long as the job is being processed.
- Your final submission must have a resolution of at least 1920 x 1080 and no more than 100 MB
In progress (WIP)
WIP materials must be published in your Challenge thread throughout the challenge.
The entries must be new works of art that were specially created by you for this challenge.
The evaluation is carried out by a jury selected by JangaFX, which will be announced to the audience during the competition. The judges' decisions are final.
The participant grants JangaFX, LLC, RealtimeVFX, LLC and requests sponsors to grant an unlimited license to use all materials entered in all media for marketing and merchandising. Efforts are being made in good faith to return loans to the original artists whenever possible.
Participants reserve the copyright and all property rights to the materials entered and can use these materials for personal advertising.
Participants are allowed to share their progress during the challenge on social networks.
Any image that contains content that improperly depicts racist, political, religious or other inflammatory material can be disqualified and removed. The interpretation of the suitable and unsuitable materials is at the sole discretion of JangaFX and RealTimeVFX.
More information and the full terms and conditions can be found here.