FUJIFILM just updated its Windows and Mac software to allow you to use your X and GFX series mirrorless cameras in webcams: FUJIFILM X Webcam v2.0. Let's take a closer look!
FUJIFILM X webcam
A few months ago, FUJIFILM released the first version of the X webcam software. This tool allows you to use various FUJIFILM X / GFX series cameras as a webcam. All you have to do is connect your camera to your computer via USB, launch the software, and you're good to go.
Currently, FUJIFILM X Webcam v2.0 is compatible with multiple cameras including:
- GFX 100, GFX 50S and GFX 50R.
- X-H1, X-Pro2 and X-Pro3.
- X-A7 and X-T200.
- X-T2, X-T3 and X-T4.
Also, here is a list of compatible apps that can use your FUJIFILM camera as a webcam:
- Windows 10: Google Meet (Chrome / Edge), Teams (Chrome / Edge / App), Skype (Chrome / Edge), Zoom (Chrome / Edge / App), Messenger Room (Chrome / Edge).
- MacOS: Google Meet (Chrome / Edge), Teams (Chrome / Edge), Skype (Chrome / Edge), Zoom (Chrome / Edge), Messenger rooms (Chrome / Edge), LINE, OBS Studio.
What's new about this version 2.0 upgrade?
FUJIFILM X Webcam v2.0
Some may think of the update as not groundbreaking, but changing camera settings during an online meeting or even using "film simulation" is a welcome thing.
The upgrade creates the "X Webcam 2" icon. When you click the icon, a control panel will appear and you can change some of the camera's settings, including:
- Film simulation.
- Instant AF, AE lock and digital zoom.
- Exposure compensation and white balance.
This update is compatible with all cameras mentioned above, with the exception of the X-T200 and X-A7. Options and magnification also depend on the models. For X-Pro2 users, INSTANT AF and AE LOCK can be used in MF mode.
This FUJIFILM X Webcam v2.0 is now available here on the FUJIFILM website.
Have you ever used your DSLR / mirrorless camera as a webcam? If so, how do you like it compared to your computer's built-in webcam? Don't hesitate to let us know in the comments below!