In the "It Falls on Disney +" announcement, Disney's popular streaming platform gave a glimpse of the upcoming fall lineup, including new original movies, new series, and popular blockbuster films premiering this season. Also announced are two new nonfiction books to be released this fall: Meet the Chimps, a new National Geographic documentary about the 200-acre Chimp Haven refugee in Louisiana, and Marvel 616, an anthology documentary series that explores the impact of the Marvel Universe.
These new originals join the highly anticipated Disney + script series, including the return of The Mandalorian in season two. the premiere of National Geographic's The Right Stuff; Original Films Clouds, Secret Society of Second-Born Royals; and new library titles like Hidden Figures and Season 31 of The Simpsons.
Coming this fall including:
Friday September 18th
- Becoming (Disney + Original Series) – From executive producers LeBron James & Maverick Carter, Becoming records the genesis of entertainers and athletes in their own words. Each theme takes a trip back in time to take a close look at the struggles and successes that led it to where it is today. Loved ones tell never-before-heard stories that show each subject's inspiring journey to the star.
- Bend it Like Beckham – Two ambitious girls have a heart for careers in professional football despite their parents' wishes.
- Ever After – A young woman falls in love with a prince and pretends to be a princess. She then has to fight to hide her identity while one of her stepsisters prepares to marry the prince.
Friday September 25th
- Second Born Royals Secret Society (Disney + Original Movie) – Meet Sam, a second born royal daughter. She's not your typical queen and doesn't really fit into this world. After Sam is sent to summer school by her mother, the queen, she learns it's a trick. She and the other students discover that they have super powers and are training to become part of the Secret Society of Second-Born Royals. Can they learn how to use their powers to save their kingdoms?
- Magic of Disney's Animal Kingdom (Disney + Original Series) – Narrated by Josh Gad, Disney's favorite fan, viewers receive a backstage pass to discover the magic behind two of the world's most popular animal experiences, Disney's Animal Kingdom and The Seas With Nemo , Explore & Friends ”at EPCOT. Viewers get unprecedented access to the parks' animals and meet the animal care experts who have established remarkable connections with them.
- Hidden Figures – An incredible and inspiring, indescribable true story about three women at NASA who were instrumental in one of the greatest operations in history – the launch of astronaut John Glenn into orbit.
- The Flaw in Our Stars – Hazel (Shailene Woodley) and Gus (Ansel Elgort) share a love that takes them on an unforgettable journey in this film based on John Green & # 39; s New York Times bestseller.
Friday October 2nd
- The Simpsons Season 31 – Everyone's Favorite Family is back in season 31 of the longest-running primetime show in television history. With an all-star cast of guests like Bill Porter, Jane Goodall, Jason Momoa, Cate Blachett and Kevin Feige, special musical performances by Weezer and John Legend and fan-favorite episodes "Thanksgiving of Horror" and "Treehouse of Horror XXX “The final season complements Disney +’s extensive collection with more than 600 episodes and animated shorts.”
Friday October 9th
- The Right Stuff (Disney + Original Series) – Based on Tom Wolfe's bestseller, the film tells the story of the early days of the US space program at the height of the Cold War and the selection of the seven best military personnel from the newly formed NASA test pilots to become astronauts . Competing for the first in space, these men achieve the extraordinary and inspire the world to turn to new horizons of ambition and hope.
- X2 – After a Black Ops specialist kidnaps Xavier, imprisoned his students, and stole Cerebro, Night Crawler teams up with Magneto to save her brothers and forestall a Holocaust.
- The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Traitor – The young Lucy, Edmund and their cousin traverse a painting to a magical land where they sail with King Caspian to help Narnian lords brought on by an evil usurper of the throne were banished.
Friday October 16
- Clouds (Disney + Original Movie) – Based on the true story of a young musician, Zach Sobiech, who discovers that his cancer has spread, he only has a few months to live. With limited time, he is following his dream and making an album without knowing that it will soon be a viral music phenomenon. In the end, music gives Zach life new meaning and helps him find the perfect way to say goodbye.
- Meet the Chimpanzees (Disney + Original Series) – Viewers get a glimpse into the secret life of one of the largest and most unique wildlife sanctuaries in the world, Chimp Haven, a 200 acre sanctuary deep in the wooded heart of Louisiana that is home to more than 300 chimpanzees. Narrated by Emmy Award-winning actress Jane Lynch, this six-part series from National Geographic portrays the ups and downs of this extraordinary group of chimpanzees who have a second chance in life from staff whose commitment, compassion, and commitment know no get limits. Meet the Chimps focuses on the chimpanzees through a seamless mixture of natural history and documentary film from observational documentation. The series is true drama with a full emotional range and offers unparalleled access to everything that happens in Chimp Haven, including food disputes, alliances, romances, "bromance", tears, tantrums, high curses and heartbreak.
Friday October 23rd
- Once Upon A Snowman (Disney + Original Short) – The previously unknown origins of Olaf, the summer-loving snowman in the 2013 Oscar-winning Disney animation Frozen and its 2019 sequel, are revealed at the brand new animated Walt Disney Animation Studios for a short time . The film follows Olaf's first steps as he comes to life and searches for his identity in the mountains outside Arendelle.
- The Big Fib (Disney + Original Series) – The first Disney + original game show is back for another 15 episodes. Every episode hosted by Yvette Nicole Brown and Rhys Darby as her robot buddy C.L.I.V.E. shows, puts kid candidates in the hot seat while interviewing adults to find the real Fibber.
Friday October 30th
- The Mandalorian Season 2 (Disney + Original Series) – The Mandalorian and Child continue their journey, facing enemies and assembled allies as they find their way through a dangerous galaxy in the tumultuous time after the collapse of the Galactic Empire.
Tuesday 17th November
- LEGO Star Wars Christmas Special (Disney + Original Special) – Rey, Finn, Poe, Chewie, Rose and the Droids get together for a joyous celebration on Life Day, a holiday first featured in the 1978 Star Wars Christmas Special. The new LEGO special is the first on Disney + and continues the legacy of the Lucasfilm-LEGO collaboration. playful adventures told in graciously irreverent ways that only co-branded LEGO Star Wars content can.
Wednesday November 18th
- The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse (Disney + Original Series) – It's nothing but fun and excitement for Mickey Mouse and his best friends as they embark on their greatest adventures to date, navigating the pitfalls and curveballs of a wild and crazy world, which contains the magic of Disney makes the impossible possible.
Friday November 20th
- Marvel's 616 – Each documentary explores Marvel's rich legacy of landmark characters, creators, and storytellers, and shows the intersection of storytelling, pop culture, and fandom in the Marvel universe. The episodes of this anthology series cover topics such as Marvel's global artists, the groundbreaking women of Marvel Comics, the discovery of the "forgotten" characters of Marvel and much more.
- Planes – The world of cars flies in planes, the soaring animated comedy starring Dusty, a feather duster who dreams of participating in the greatest air race of all time. Will he find the inspiration and courage to be more than he was built?
These films and series add to Disney +’s growing library, which includes newcomers like Mulan with Premier Access, The Greatest Showman, Phineas and Ferb: Candace Against the Universe and Wolverine.
In celebration of Disney +’s first anniversary on November 12, the service will begin its second year with a more original entertainment premiere in late 2020, including, but not limited to: Black Beauty, a contemporary film adaptation of the classic story starring Mackenzie Foy, Iain Glen and Claire Forlani and the voice of Kate Winslet; In Pixar, an unprecedented glimpse into the creative process at Pixar Animation Studios. On the punch line, an original documentary series about students from the School of American Ballet; The Nutcracker Performance at Lincoln Center; and WandaVision, the upcoming original series from Marvel Studios.
Source: Disney +