Maxon has announced the availability of Cinema 4D Release 23 (R23), the next generation of its professional 3D software, which now significantly improves its animation and UV workflows, character animation tool tool and Magic Bullet Looks technology. The announcement came in conjunction with their own 3D virtual motion and design show and the IBC 2020 conference.
With the introduction of the new Scene Nodes system, users get a preview of the performance they can expect from future Cinema 4D developments. The update to Python 3 and Creative Pipelines will benefit plugin developers, including USD import / export and updates to FBX and OBJ handling. R23 is now available as an upgrade for perpetual licensees.
See Cinema 4D R23 in action at IBC 2020
Maxon presents the feature performance in Cinema 4D R23 at this year's virtual premiere IBC showcase. Turn on online at 3DMotionShow until September 11th for presentations by the world's leading 3D and animation artists.
"Cinema 4D R23 offers robust improvements to animation workflows and core technologies that enable 3D artists to create content intuitively and to the highest production standards," said Dave McGavran, CEO of Maxon. "We look forward to using innovations from our sister companies Red Giant, Redshift and partners to present everything that is creatively possible with the R23."
R23 function highlights
- New character animation tools: Includes new workflows for Character Solver and Delta Mush as well as a new Pose Manager and Toon / Face Rigs.
- Animation workflow: Better keyframing, filters for the timeline and attribute manager and more.
- UV Workflows: All the powerful UV editing capabilities of Cinema 4D S22 (the subscription only upgrade) plus new UV workflow tools for hard-surfaced models.
- Magic Bullet Look Integration: Easily apply one of 200+ preset film looks, import LUTs, or work with individual tools for color grading, film grain, chromatic aberration, and more.
- Scene Nodes: Scene Nodes allow users to explore extensive distributions and procedural models for optimal creativity and experimentation before further developing the Cinema 4D core engine.
For a full list of new features, updates, pricing, and availability, visit Maxon website.