PARIS – MIPCOM 2020The program, originally programmed for October 12-15, has announced that the 36th edition will take place as MIPCOM RENDEZVOUS CANNES, an optimized three-day meeting of the international television community in Cannes (October 12-14) together with MIPCOM ONLINE +, a Premium Digital Service (October 5 to mid-November).
MIPJunior, traditionally held as an in-house program screening and networking event, will move into the Palais des Festivals and run alongside MIPCOM RENDEZVOUS CANNES.
"We want to help the international television community do business again, and the combination of face-to-face at MIPCOM RENDEZVOUS CANNES and digital MIPCOM ONLINE + makes this possible," said Laurine Garaude, head of television at Reed MIDEM. “We know that some people cannot travel to Cannes so they can be part of the MIPCOM experience digitally. New health and safety guidelines meant significant disruptions and additional costs for the exhibitors and their stands. That is why we decided that there will be no exhibition stands at MIPCOM RENDEZVOUS CANNES. "
MIPCOM RENDEZVOUS CANNES will see a new show floor plan for personal meetings and market demonstrations. Participants can use open meeting rooms, reserved tables or privatized lounges. The event takes place in the halls Ambassadeurs and Riviera des Palais des Festivals. The physical distancing will take place as part of comprehensive health and safety measures throughout the palace.
"The introduction of global upfronts is at the heart of our buying program," added Garaude. "We have increased our invitations to buyers and are working closely with major studios from around the world to showcase their latest and most exciting content."
Delegates who cannot attend MIPCOM RENDEZVOUS CANNES can use MIPCOM ONLINE + to set up online video conferencing, view programs and access conferences so that the international community can connect and share the MIPCOM experience in Cannes or worldwide.
Exhibitors who have already booked a stand for this year's MIPCOM will receive a selection of refunds or credits for MIPCOM RENDEZVOUS CANNES or future MIP markets.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE MIPCOM RENDEZVOUS CANNES PROGRAM:
- An exclusive buyer program with screenings including the new global upfronts, market screenings and market intelligence as well as a comprehensive conference program with top-class keynotes, market trends and industry analyzes will take place.
- The MIPCOM Diversify TV Excellence in TV and MIP SDG Awards will be at the heart of the newly announced Change for Good program, an industry forum for global social change.
- The MIPJunior delegates have a special program and network zone within the redesigned show floor, including access to the digital screening library, conferences and meeting rooms.
- The third season of the CANNESERIES FESTIVAL takes place alongside MIPCOM RENDEZVOUS CANNES.
MIPCOM ONLINE +:
- MIPCOM ONLINE + starts on October 5th and runs until mid-November
- MIPCOM ONLINE + will enrich the market experience for participants in MIPCOM RENDEZVOUS CANNES and for those who cannot travel to Cannes.
- Global upfronts, market demonstrations and key conference sessions and speakers from Cannes will be accessible to delegates and new audiences in Cannes and around the world.
- Extensive content from studio partners and international distributors will be presented.
- The expanded database facilitates online networking opportunities and enables users to set up targeted video business meetings between retailers and buyers.
"For many of us, MIPCOM RENDEZVOUS CANNES will be the first international TV retail market to take place as a live meeting as business was disrupted by the global Covid-19 pandemic," concluded Garaude. "We'll be in Cannes in October to welcome the television industry, and for those who can't, we'll virtually connect everyone."