The 28th Stuttgart International Festival of Animated Films (ITFS), which will take place May 4-9, 2021, is now open. Animated films completed after October 1, 2019 can be submitted for the competition in the following categories:
- International Competition – International Short Film Competition
- Junge Animation – International Student Film Competition
- Tricks for Kids – International competition for animated short films for children
- Trickstar Nature Award – competition for animated short films that deal critically, informatively, entertainingly and humorously with the topics of climate protection, biodiversity, the environment and sustainability.
- AniMovie – International Feature Film Competition
The deadline for entries is December 1, 2020.
The ITFS offers filmmakers, directors, production and distribution companies a professional platform to present their films to a wide audience and representatives of the industry. For six days, animation fans have the opportunity to watch and experience animated films, series and games as well as VR and AR projects.
The festival shows the entire spectrum of current animation film production with its interfaces to visual effects, architecture, art, design, music and games. The focus is on artistic animation film, innovative interactive and transmedia projects and the promotion of young talent. Prize money of almost € 70,000 is awarded in the various competitions.
Submissions to the following competitions will be accepted by the specified date:
- Trickstar Business Award – Prize for innovative business models in the animation sector (call for applications November 2020 / deadline March 1, 2021)
- German Animation Screenplay Award – Award for the best script for a German animated feature film (call for proposals October 2020 / deadline February 1, 2021)
- Animated Games Award Germany – Award for an animation-based computer game with the best visual design and aesthetics from Germany (tender December 2020 / deadline February 1, 2021)
Additional information can be found in ITFS website.
Source: Stuttgart International Festival for Animated Films