peacockNBCUniversal's new subscription-based streaming service officially launches today and joins the recently launched HBO Max and Disney + as the newest players in the increasingly competitive and expanding SVOD space. The platform offers consumers a collection of live and on-demand programs, a collection of more than 20,000 hours of premium content from networks and studios, including NBC, Bravo, USA Network, SYFY, Oxygen, E !, CNBC, MSNBC, NBCSN and Golf Channel, Universal Kids, A&E, ABC, CBS, CW, FOX, HISTORY, Nickelodeon, Showtime, Universal Pictures, DreamWorks, focus functions, lighting, ViacomCBS, Paramount, Lionsgate, Warner Bros. and Blumhouse.
As part of the launch, the service offers Peacock Original films and shows. Three animated series are at the top of the list:
DreamWorks & # 39; Where's Waldo?
- 12-year-old Waldo (Joshua Rush, The Lion Guard, Andi Mack) and his best friend Wenda (Haley Tju, Bella and the Bulldogs) are members of the Worldwide Wanderer Society – the international order of curious travelers who travel the globe and celebrate cultures and problem solving through observation. Your mentor, Wizard Whitebeard (Thomas Lennon, The State; Reno 911: The Odd Couple), an experienced hiker, sends these curious young adventurers on international travel missions so that they can earn their stripes and one day become hikers at magician level. But Waldo and Wenda stand in the way of their rival Odlulu (Eva Carlton, Little), who cannot help but cause trouble everywhere.
- F.M. De Marco (Spy Kids: Mission Critical) and John Tellegen (Spy Kids: Mission Critical) produced the series.
The Cleopatra from DreamWorks in space
- A comedic adventure that focuses on the untold story of Cleopatra's teenage years. Spectators can follow Cleo (Lilimar Hernandez, Bella and the Bulldogs, Knight Squad) as she is transported 30,000 years into the future, to an Egyptian-themed planet ruled by talking cats and where she discovers that she is the one prophesied savior of the future is world. To prepare for her role and mission, Cleo is sent to an elite academy where she has to train to face the bad guys, find out how she can finally return to Egypt, and deal with the ups and downs of a teenager to be in high school.
- Cleopatra in Space is based on Mike Maihack's award-winning graphic novel series and is produced by Doug Langdale (The Adventures of Puss in Boots) and Scott Kreamer (Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness).
- "Curious George" was first introduced to the world of children's competence over 75 years ago and was developed by Margret and H.A. Rey in 1941 and remains one of the most popular children's classics of all time. The animated series is aimed at preschoolers and follows the adventures of everyone's favorite monkey and his insatiable curiosity to give adorable antics, gentle humor and warm emotions to every entertaining episode. The award-winning program focuses on education and includes early concepts in math, science, technology and engineering. It encourages children to use their imaginations and expand their own studies of the world.
- The cast of Curious George includes Frank Welker (Scooby Doo, Guess Who?), Jeff Bennett (The Loud House) and Rino Romano (Spaceballs: The Animated Series).
"This is a historic moment for our company as we proudly introduce Peacock to consumers across the country – a groundbreaking vision realized by an incredible team of people from Comcast, NBCUniversal and Sky," said Peacock Chairman Matt Strauss . “From current, classic, and original films and shows to live news, sports, curated channels, and trend content from around the world, Peacock is the only free streaming service supported by premium advertising that brings together everything television consumers have to offer and love streaming. all in one place. "
How to watch
Peacock offers an ad-financed free tier and an ad-financed premium tier for $ 4.99 / month, which deliver no more than five minutes of advertising per hour. An ad-free version of the premium tier is also available for $ 9.99 / month. It is currently available on Apple devices, including iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD. Google platforms and devices, including Android, Android TV devices, Chromecast and Chromecast built-in devices; Microsoft Xbox One family of devices, including Xbox One S and Xbox One X; and VIZIO SmartCast TVs and LG Smart TVs. The authorized Xfinity X1 and Flex customers from Comcast as well as authorized Cox Contour customers benefit from Peacock Premium, which is included in their service at no additional cost. From the week of July 20th, Peacock will be available for Sony PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 4 Pro.
Something to see
Both free and premium tiers feature current season hits from NBC, the latest news, sports and pop culture highlights, and dozens of genre channels, including live news from NBC News Now and Sky News, as well as curated channels with the best moments from popular shows.
Free animal highlights
Peacock will offer more than 13,000 hours of free content, including a large library of popular films and new episodes of the current NBC season one week after it airs. The free tier also includes four exclusive Premier League games on July 15, selected events from the upcoming Olympic Games in Tokyo and Beijing, and on-demand replay of events such as Triple Crown horse racing, daily highlights from NBC Sports, and hundreds of hours of sports series and documentaries and films.
Premium animal highlights
Peacock Premium provides access to all 20,000 hours of programming on the platform, including all free content and the full catalog of Peacock Originals. It will also provide early access to programs, such as access to new episodes of current season's NBC shows the next day and access to Late Night With Seth Meyers and The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon at 8:00 p.m. ET when the shows are back in studio production. It provides access to a growing catalog of live and on-demand sports programs.
Peacock will release a new original program list that includes previously announced titles, popular shows, and a steady stream of feature films. In addition to the Peacock Originals, which started service on July 15, Peacock announced premiere dates for additional original series to be released in the coming weeks, including:
- A. P. Bio – premiere on September 3, 2020
- Departure – premiere on September 17, 2020
- Five bedrooms – premiere on August 13, 2020
- Hitmen – premiere on August 6, 2020