Welcome to the # NoStoppingUs Film Challenge, a brand new competition to celebrate the rise of creativity and filmmaking through the pandemic! It's time to get your creativity out and prepare to create your masterpiece!
The winning film will be screened at the Raindance Film Festival this fall and shown on Paus.tv, the new ad-free streaming platform where independent films can thrive. Instead of monthly subscriptions, ads or fixed payments, movie fans can give their favorite films and filmmakers discretionary tips from £ 30 to over £ 1000! In addition, the filmmakers keep 80% of all tips! Follow Paus on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. Sign up at Paus.tv/beta for early access to the iOS app (coming soon)
First: Shoot a movie under the following conditions:
concept: Create a short film with the concept that filmmaking is still possible in any situation. We make films with no money, with limited actors and crew, during pandemics, no matter what, filmmakers will still make films! Show us your passion for filmmaking in a 60-second short film!
- It cannot be longer than 60 seconds
- It must have a low angle
- It must have the theme of filmmaking persistence!
Second: Post the finished film on Instagram, including @raindancefilmfestival and the hashtag #NoStoppingUs
For example: Hey @raindancefilmfestival, here are my #NoStoppingUs
The deadline for submissions is midnight on September 30, 2020
Our Raindance programmers select the winning films. All winners will be notified in the first week of October!
The fine print
- One entry per person.
- Submissions under 60 seconds will be accepted,
- Submissions longer than 60 seconds are not allowed.
- Opening title and closing credit are included in your term.
- Your film must be shot after March 1st, 2020
- 1st place: 2x Raindance Film Festival 2020+ Your #NoStoppingUs film will be shown at the festival. + You will be offered to upload your film to Paus.TV!
- 2nd place: 2x Raindance Film Festival 2020 + 1 Raindance membership
- 3rd place: 1 Raindance membership
Here are some of our recent short film winners:
And here's a brilliant trailer with the idea of "#NoStoppingUs" that might inspire you!
About Bailey Graham
Bailey Graham is responsible for the various jokes from Papa that you see on our social media at Raindance. As well as doing marketing and media, she has won several competitions through Adobe and has her own film and photo projects. If she had a penny for every time she was seen with her camera, it would be an incredible coincidence.