FRIEDRICHSDORF, GERMANY – Red giant has just released an update for Universe, a collection of GPU accelerated plugins for editors and graphic designers. Universe 3.3 offers two new tools and an update to four current tools in the existing Universe suite. Visual artists gain access to a wider range of dynamic motion graphics tools with the introduction of Quantum and Modes, as well as updated versions of the Glow, Glimmer, Chromatic Aberration and Hacker Text tools.
Watch Now: What's New in Universe 3.3?
Two brand new tools in Red Giant Universe 3.3
- Quantum: This tool creates the illusion of an animated trail of light in front of or behind a layer – ideal for text and motion graphics.
- Modes: Modes make it easy to combine layers using features that go beyond the native blend modes of an edit timeline. For artists who use Avid Media Composer, Modes will be a game changer.
Updates and preferences
Universe 3.3 includes a total of over 100 new presets for the new and updated tools.
- Glow: Universe Glow now offers an inverse square glow decay, chromatic aberration in multiple passes and the ability to light a single color channel.
- Shimmer: This update provides users with six mono or bidirectional glow strips with variable intensity and color mapping, an animatable shimmer, variable rotation control, and color cards that align with Trapcodes Starglow.
- Chromatic Aberration: This tool now includes control over the area of focus, the ability to split the aberration into multiple passes, and chromatic rotation.
- Hacker Text: The popular computer text tool now offers customizable random characters and the ability to animate the encryption and decryption automatically.
For more information on what's new in Universe 3.3 and how to upgrade, visit the Red Giant blog.
Red Giant Universe is available as a standalone subscription or as part of Red Giant Complete, the subscription service that offers editors, motion designers and VFX artists all of Red Giant's tools at one great price – Trapcode Suite, Magic Bullet Suite, Universe, VFX Suite and Shooter Suite. With Red Giant Complete, annual subscribers get the latest versions of all tools and save thousands of dollars over traditional perpetual licenses.
click Here to buy a subscription or download a free trial.
Universe 3.2 runs on Windows and OS X and contains over 80 tools that run in:
- Adobe After Effects CC 2017 or higher
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017 or higher
- Apple Final Cut Pro X 10.2.3 or higher
- Apple Motion 5.3.2 or higher
- Avid Media Composer 8.2 or higher
- Magix VEGAS Pro 14 or higher
- DaVinci Resolve 14 or higher
Visit Universe Compatibility page Learn more about specific versions and operating system support.
Source: Red Giant