AUSTRALIA – October 7, 2020 – The rookies – known for its educational services and school rankings in the creative media and entertainment categories – today published its 10th annual ranking listing the top 50 schools offering programs in game design, animation, visual effects, conceptual art, motion graphics and architectural visualization to offer.
For the fifth year in a row, Gnomon reached first place in the top 50 list in Los Angeles. The Think Tank Training Center in Canada also rose to # 1 for Best Game Design and Development School. The One Academy of Communication Design from Malaysia took second place worldwide and was placed in 6 other categories with the most successful performance to date.
To collect this data, each year the organizers of Rookies ask students to submit their best work to the Rookie Awards, which are reviewed by a panel of experts. This year, 3,769 portfolios were received from students attending over 500 schools and colleges around the world. This data is used to determine the annual world rankings of schools.
The full rankings can be found here: Rookies & # 39; Global School Rankings. The category winners and links to full details are listed below.
Scott Thompson, founder of the Think Tank Training Center, explains: “The rookies rankings are not comparable to other education-based ranking systems. They are controlled and assessed by industry experts without the intervention of paid advertising dollars that tarnish the judgment of other ranking websites. "
The schools and colleges that have ranked first include:
- Ringling College of Art and Design, USA – 3D animation
- Gnomon, USA – visual effects
- Think Tank Training Center, Canada – game design and development
- Syn Studio, Canada – Concept Art & Illustration
- Savannah College of Art and Design, USA – 3D Motion Graphics
- School of Visual Arts, USA – 2D animation
- 3D College, Denmark – architectural visualization
- University of Hertfordshire, UK – Production Excellence, Games
- ArtFX School, France – production excellence, visual effects
- ESMA, France – Production Excellence, 3D animation
- GOBELINS, l & # 39; école de l & # 39; image, France – Production Excellence, 2D animation
More ranking categories and full details can be found here:
Founded in 2005, The Rookies is known for helping emerging artists translate their passion for creative media and entertainment into successful careers in film, games, animation, immersive media, 3D visualization and more. Additionally, The Rookies provides a trusted support network for artists on their journey from novice to industry professional. They offer young artists a clear path to success that is created by the very people who have already achieved the same goals.
Source: The Rookies