MADISON, WI – VEGAS Creative Software announced a substantial new upgrade to VEGAS Pro, the company's video / audio editing, color grading, and effects platform developed for professional editors, filmmakers, YouTubers, and social media developers. Additional scope for new features and key feature enhancements to improve workflow performance, including AI-driven effects, GPU-accelerated workflows, advanced motion tracking, HDR support, sophisticated color correction tools and plug-ins for video professionals in post-production facilities of all sizes and needs.
It also announces detailed plans to provide comprehensive, cloud-based media management, file transfer, and backup and collaboration capabilities that will allow VEGAS Pro users to manage large amounts of media and collaborate remotely with colleagues. All VEGAS Pro 18 cloud-based media management and collaboration tools will initially be offered to VEGAS Pro 18 subscribers as free services. The pricing of cloud-based services for customers with perpetual licenses will be announced as soon as the services become available in October 2020.
New functions in VEGAS Pro 18:
In addition to the extensive cloud-based tools for media management and collaboration, VEGAS Pro 18 offers a multitude of new functions and immediately available workflow improvements, including:
- Professional multi-channel audio processing with SOUND FORGE Pro 14 is now included in VEGAS Pro 18. SOUND FORGE Pro is tightly integrated with VEGAS Pro so that users can send audio files directly from the VEGAS Pro timeline to SOUND FORGE Pro, make their changes, and return to VEGAS Pro, where all changes are instantly and automatically updated in the timeline
- Artificial intelligence-controlled effects such as Colorize and Style Transfer
- Utilities for detecting and updating GPU drivers and automatic GPU configuration for hardware acceleration
- New motion tracking panel
- VEGAS Capture improvements including a new configuration of the recording folder and a new audio encoder
- HDR enhancements, including hardware coding available for HDR presets and automatic selection of IDTs based on metadata
- Redesigned plug-in management windows with reliable search, third-party plug-in filtering and the ability to mark favorites
Adding a variety of new plug-ins including:
- Flicker reducer
- Black bar infill
Major improvements to color correction, such as:
- Dockable color correction field
- Logarithmic exposure tool ("camera exposure")
- Improved automatic contrast
- Skin tone line for vectorscope
- Combined RGB display for the RGB parade area
- Optional trim handles for timeline events;
- Location of timeline cursor saved with project files;
- Video engine performance improvements;
- New presets and animations for titles and text
VEGAS Pro Cloud-Based Services: What's Coming?
In the coming months, VEGAS Creative Software will introduce a comprehensive family of media management and collaboration tools to connect the VEGAS Pro community, including:
VEGAS Hub, the central information depot
VEGAS Pro 18's cloud-based workflow revolves around the VEGAS Hub, which provides teams with secure file storage and centralized access to media files. It is based on the Microsoft Azure platform and acts as a central repository for control and information. This allows VEGAS Pro and other applications to communicate directly for downloading and uploading files, creating collections and managing. In addition, individual applications communicate with one another via the hub, and the system continues to develop into an important central organizational tool for files and a remote collaboration center.
For videos and still images that were recorded on a mobile device, VEGAS Transfer is available as an iOS and Android app and serves as an entry point into the VEGAS hub environment. Users can quickly transfer media files from a mobile device to the hub cloud storage. Uploaded files can be organized in collections to organize them and allow direct access from VEGAS Pro and VEGAS Prepare. Upload files with VEGAS Transfer, further organize them with VEGAS Prepare and then download them from anywhere directly to VEGAS Pro to start editing.
With VEGAS Prepare, users can battle runaway herds of media files with three efficient levels of organization. Users can create a library of all of the media organized according to the structure that makes sense for the user, team, and their workflow. Users can then further organize files into custom collections so that they can easily select a media category or classification to find exactly what is needed. Finally, add tags to individual files for quick filtering and sorting. Each organizational level is integrated into local databases or the VEGAS Hub for collaboration and can be called up directly from VEGAS Pro for processing.
VEGAS Pro Hub Explorer
All custom collections created in VEGAS Prepare are immediately displayed in VEGAS Pro, regardless of whether you are working online or offline. When users create and manage collections directly in VEGAS Pro, it is automatically updated so both stay in sync. Changes made in VEGAS Prepare are immediately displayed in VEGAS Pro. Users can download files from the hub's cloud storage for use in the VEGAS Pro timeline and upload files to the hub directly in VEGAS Pro. The Hub Explorer window is the portal for remote collaboration, file sharing, and organizing collections.
Also available soon: live streaming
VEGAS Creative Software will also launch VEGAS Stream, a new live streaming platform tailored to the needs of content creators and broadcasters in different markets. It offers a professional live streaming function in a tightly integrated VEGAS ecosystem. When a live stream event is complete, users can send recorded events to VEGAS Pro 18 or VEGAS POST Suite with all visual effects, graphics and titles in place for further editing and delivery as needed. More details will be announced later this month.
Prices and availability
VEGAS Pro 18 is now available as a monthly subscription or as a perpetual license. Subscription plans start at $ 19.99 per month. Additional information is available Here.
All VEGAS Pro 18 cloud-based media management and collaboration tools will initially be offered to VEGAS Pro 18 subscribers as free services. The pricing of cloud-based services for customers with perpetual licenses will be announced as soon as the services become available in October 2020.
Source: Vegas Creative Software